Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I Wish I was Cool!

I always thought I would be one of those people that would keep up with the times and would always have the latest technology or fancy gadgets.  I actually thought that I was doing pretty well until I wrote the first sentence of this post and thought about what I would write next.  I now realize that I have fallen off the wagon to the future.  I don’t even have a clue how to download a song.  Heck, I couldn’t even burn a cd if someone else downloaded the songs for me. 

I’m embarrassed to admit that I gave up trying to keep with technology once Ben came into my life because I have completely relied on him to do it for me since he is so smart with computers and technology.  We have a fancy tv with a lot of options that I don’t know how to use;  a fancy blu ray player with all the cool Apps and Internet options, but all I can do is figure out how to play a move; a surround sound system that god forbid would get put on the wrong setting that would require me to watch tv in closed caption (except I wouldn’t even know how to turn that on).  Thankfully our Logitech Harmony remote is smarter than me and has a help button that fixes any issues if something isn’t turned on correctly when the system is powered up.  I’m not completely uncool though…I DO have the latest in Smart Phones, but I probably don’t use it to its ability; I DO have a Facebook account (who doesn’t?); and I DO have a blog…that gives me a couple points right?

My grandma on the other hand is one cool chic!  I thought she was super cool when I learned that she has a Mac computer (and will only use a Mac).  Then she got a Blackberry before I even knew what a Blackberry was.  She had an iPod before I had one.  She had an LCD tv before we did.  She has DVR and knows how to use it.  She has a Facebook account at the age of 82ish.  She has a Wii and still uses it.  Ben and I had dinner at her place earlier this week and I walked into her house to see her iPad docked to a keyboard.  Yep, grandma has an iPad.  WTF? My grandma is WAY cooler than me.  While we were eating, she politely asked Ben if he could help her get her house setup with WiFi.  My grandpa on the other side of the family doesn’t even know how to turn a computer on let alone know what WiFi is.  It’s crazy cool to me and I can only hope to be that hip at her age.

How cool are you?

3 comments:

  1. Grandpa may not know what WiFi is but he sure can show you a "hot spot" on a lake.

    ReplyDelete